The November MEMBERSHIP MEETING will be Wednesday, November 10th at 9 am – at Forrest Hall in Chatham Mills.
PBA will participate in Small Business Saturday, November 28th by hosting the gift wrap and a passport for the day. Pick up your passport at the Welcome Center.
PBA members need to volunteer for the gift wrap – please email Pam Fulk (PamFulk@gmail.com) to pick a time.
Membership dues will be due in January of 2022. Please go to the website Shoppittsboro.com to join for the 2022 calendar year. You’ll also be receiving a reminder email with an invoice attached.
October was The Annual Meeting:
Nominations and Election to the Board:
There were 11 people nominated for 5 available seats: Cindy Schmidt, Stephanie Olness, Jamie Hitmar, Maria Parker-Lewis, Debbie Andleton, Lorie Barker, Tiana Thurber, Kathie Russell, Janeth Moran, Megan Ribbing, and Heather Johnson.
An email was sent to all members of PBA and votes tallied from those that returned their votes either via email or in-person at the membership meeting. Cindy, Jamie, Stephanie, and Maria were reelected for another two-year term and Debbie Andleton from Chatham Park was elected for a two-year term. That means your Board for 2022 will be:
Jacques Dufour and
Thanks to all the members for being willing to support the Pittsboro Business Association with your time and your talents. With the enthusiasm for PBA Board positions this election generated, the upcoming year should be fantastic!
From the Speaker
Jim Nass, mayor of Pittsboro, was our speaker.
Mayor Nass spoke to the members about the mayor’s responsibility of working closely with the town staff to understand issues and then with the town commissioners to ensure town commissioner meetings agenda’s address those issues. He works closely with one of the town commissioners to understand the COVID numbers and address them. He recently mandated mask wearing in Pittsboro. The September 24, 2021 order mandates mask in order to prevent requiring 6-feet social distancing.
From the membership…
- Jamie Hitmer from Fish Window Cleaning is glad to be reelected to the Board. For a free estimate for your windows contact him here: https://www.fishwindowcleaning.com/Cary-Durham-NC-3024/.
- Greg Lewis said the Sycamore at Chatham Mills is open Thursday, Friday and Saturdays (due to staffing) so make your reservations early! 39 West Catering is doing 3-4 events per week. PreCovid they were doing 30-40 events. Forrest Hall is open and booking events. It’s gorgeous!
- Pam Fulk from Carolina Tiger Rescue has started an Adult Day Camp modeled on summer camp. Adults will get to do the same fun things as kids during summer camp! The Giving Tuesday promotion will go to support a tiger truck and trailer so large cats can be transported to the Rescue.
- Melissa Crane from Chatham Magazine said the September/October issue is out now and she brought copies for everyone! Next out will be the ‘Best of Chatham’ edition. The annual Relocation Guide will close soon so get your ads in so people relocating will see you info for the entire year. Shannon Media has started the Triangle Digital Edition, talk to Melissa bout the possibilities. If your audience is those who go to DPAC, talk to Melissa as the DPAC Playbill is being done by Shannon Media!
- Ann Fitts at Chatham County EDC says EDC has small business grants (CLOSING TODAY, OCT 15th). The EDC is also having a capital campaign.
- Karen Tiede is the PBA website designer and manager. If you tell her about events and changes on your social media, she’ll link to them. Contact her at firstname.lastname@example.org Thank you Karen!
- The Chatham Historical Museum is open Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday from 11-4. If you need a private tour please email Cindy Schmidt at Museum@chathamhistory.org. The Museum will be open from 10-4 on October 30th during the Pittsboro Street Fair, come in for a tour, they’re always free!
- Scott Dunham from Tar Heel Getaways says he’s doing what you should be doing and taking a cruise on Virgin Voyager cruise line. Join him!
- Evan from Chatham MarketPlace, the Coop Grocery and cafe in Chatham Mills, has over 2,700 members and each member gets a free pumpkin in October! They have a new lunch offering while the cafe is being revamped. Visit!
- Janeth Moran from Chateaux Realty announced their new location will be 45 West Street, Pittsboro. Until then contact her at Janeth@ChateauxRealty.net.
- Stephanie Olness from Gathered Home Decor is getting shipments for Christmas! She’ll be participating in Small Business Saturday and she’ll have her 3rd Anniversary Sale in November.
- John Wilson from John Wilson Enterprises is your go-to for music bookings and DJs! Find him on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/wilsonentertainmentservices.
- Kitty Mecham from Liquidamber said they’re gearing up for Christmas. Liquidamber has been in business 11 years! They’ll be open every day after Thanksgiving!
- Jerry from Chatham Partnership for Children told us about the 17th year of the Reindeer Run to be held the second Saturday in December. Find out more on their website: http://chathamkids.org.
- Lesley Landis from the Chatham County Line said the newspaper prints 10,000 10 times a year and mails 9,500 directly to addresses. They welcome content. They sell ads in the printed paper as well as on-line. Lesley also said MainStreet Pittsboro is hosting Arts in the Park: Sara Perry and Confluence, on Oct 21st from 6-8 in the evening in the Page Vernon Pocket Park next to Perch Co-Working.
- Bill from Postal Fish on West Salisbury is open Wednesdays thru Saturdays from 5-9. Come on by and enjoy the food and the patio!
- Chela Tu from Bold Commercial Real Estate is have a Bold Block Party, October 23rd from 11-2 come on by Governors Village!
- Debbie Andleton from Chatham Park, is our newest Board member – Congratulations!! Today, Friday, October 15th Mosaic is dedicating the stage to Tommy Edwards. Join everyone for that dedication and music by the Chatham Rabbits from 5-8 pm.
- Chris Elkins from Chatham Magazine says the April/May edition will be about Downtown Pittsboro and Women of Achievement. Send in your ideas! The next Chamber event is Chamber After Hours, October 19th from 5:30-7:30 at Carolina Tiger Rescue and co-hosted by Starlight Mead. RSVP to the Chamber so there will be enough tour guides!
- Congratulations if you made it all the way thru all these announcements! Now, wouldn’t it have been easier if you’d been at the meeting? 🙂