From the Board
- Membership dues are due for 2021
- The Board is excited to announce there is only one position left on the Board. If you’d like to be a part of a group affecting downtown Pittsboro email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The PBA current Board is:
- Pam Fulk-President
- Maria Parker-Lewis-Vice Chair
- Jamie Hitmar-Treasurer
- Stephanie Olness-Secretary
- Jacques Dufour, Cindy Schmidt, and Scott Dunham
From the Speaker: Debbie Andleton, Chatham Park Update
Debbie updated us on the Progress of Chatham Park, North Village:
- Thales Academy will open Fall 2021 to K-5
- Vineyards (north of Thompson Street and east of Fire Tower Road)
The first neighborhood in Chatham Park
All 30 of the cottages have sold out!
The Knight Family Community Park is approaching completion. Many of the amenities in the park are completed. The sales office is open on-site. There will be custom homes in the Vineyards-two are under contract and closing soon. Garmon Homes starting to build are across from the park
- Mosaic (east of 15/501, north of 64)
Continuing to build out the 44 acre site; Building B – will be UNC urgent care; Building I – being constructed and will be retail and office space, open this Fall.Looking for the retail to be local organizations not necessarily national chains.
- Northwood Landing (west of 15/501, south of Northwood HS and north of Hwy 64)
Lowes Food-ground work has started. There will be apartments toward the north side of the property. Other parcels on the property will go to national companies.
- More interest? sign up for the Chatham Park newsletter at the bottom of the page: https://chathampark.com
Chatham 250 – Add your Business chachke to the Birthday Party swag bag!
Chatham County is 250 years old in 2021 and there are business opportunities to get your name in front of people visiting the County and Anniversary Events:
- Saturday, April 10th from 2 pm – 5 pm there will be a drive-thru event at the parking lot between Salisbury and Hanks Streets (across from Postal Fish and City Tap and behind Circle City Books). There will be several stations: Art, History, etc. Chatham 250 plans on handing out 100-150 gift bags for the cars that drive through. Chatham 250 would like downtown to participate with swag. To find out how contact: Mallory Peterson. PBA would like to support Hillsboro businesses that will be open with balloons outside their business. Please contact Maria Parker-Lewis to get your balloons if you’ll be open.
- Add to the gift bags: questions? Maria Parker-Lewis or Mallory Peterson. Put a Birthday Party chachke with your business information on it so visitors can find you online or in-person. For example, the Museum, Toy Store, and Chatham Business Services will put coloring pages in the bag that have their buildings ready to be colored in!
- Stay tuned to find out more about Chatham 250 and how you can participate.
- Carolina Tiger Rescue: Beads and Bling, Silent Auction starts Feb 20 and Virtual Event is Feb 28. Details: https://one.bidpal.net/2021ctr/welcome
- New Horizons: Zoom Sales!! Details and sign up for the newsletter: https://www.newhorizonstrading.com
- Sycamore at Chatham Mills, opening April. Forest Hall booking NOW @ https://www.foresthallatchathammills.com
- Chatham Magazine: new edition out now! Want to know what’s next? https://chathammagazinenc.com
- Want out of your house? Dream Vacations: https://sdunham.dreamvacations.com/travel/HomePage.html
- Out of the house but closer to home? Visit the Chatham Historic Museum https://chathamhistory.org
- Staying home but need the windows cleaned? Fish Window Cleaning! https://www.shoppittsboro.com/fish-window-cleaning/
- For a trip closer to home but exotic? French Connections in Pittsboro https://www.french-nc.com
- Closer to home but not exotic? Mark Hewitt Pottery in Pittsboro https://hewittpottery.com
- Pittsboro and online: Exotic and Not – check out Rick’s Leather https://www.custommade.com/by/ricsleather/
- Red Tuxedo is looking to help you with edits! https://red-tuxedo.com