The December HOLIDAY MEETING will be Wednesday, December 9th at 9 am – on Zoom.
Please forward a gift for inclusion in the gift drawing.
Notify Pam or Maria, what the gift is you’ll be providing.
Only those in attendance will be in the drawing!
-PBA will participate in Small Business Saturday, November 28th by hosting the gift wrap from 10-4 and a passport for the day. Pick yours up at the Welcome Center. Your business should participate! Contact Pam for details.
-Tree Lighting: Virtual on Zoom and Facebook Live November 22nd from 5-6 pm. Santa will be in a life-sized snow globe for pictures from a car-0rider line form 2-4 on the 22nd. Will you be a sponsor? Contact Maria Parker-Lewis for the opportunity to support the tree lighting and promote your business. If you want to do a video to play during the Tree Lighting, Maria recommends checking out promo.com.
-Membership dues will be due in January of 2021. Please go to the website Shoppittsboro.com to join again. You’ll also be receiving a reminder email with an invoice attached.
Anne Lowry from Chatham County Health Department
Anne Lowry from the Chatham County Health Department talked extensively about:
- What is a Corona Virus: other corona viruses and the COVID-19 variant. How they usually mature and what their affects are.
- The Current Data/Trends-NC and Chatham County numbers can be found at https://covid19.ncdhhs.gov/dashboard. Currently, the 7 day average is increasing.
- Slow the spreadby social distancing (WAIT), frequent hand-washing (WASH), and (WEAR) a mask over your nose and mouth.
- Testingis every Monday from 12:30pm – 4:30 pm at Chatham Central High School and every Thursday from 12:30pm – 4:30 pm at Northwood Hight School. PREREGISTER by texting ‘COVID’ to 704-850-6996. More sites at: https://www.chathamnc.org/services/health/coronavirus/coronavirus-testing-contact-tracing
- Isolation/Quarantine: Isolation for 10 days when you are sick, to keep from passing on the virus. Quarantine for 14 days if you are exposed, to keep you from getting others sick is you do get sick!
COVID Vaccination Planning:
- UNC is in Phase 3 trials of NOVAVAX and Chatham Hospital will be participating in the trial.
- Johnson & Johnson and Astrazeneca trials were placed on hold. AstraZeneca has restarted and Duke will participate in them. Johnson & Johnson will restart soon.
- Chatham County COVID Vaccine planning includes many partners. There is no information currently when Chatham will receive a supply. The priority will be first responders.
For the complete slides, email me at Museum@chathamhistory.org
From the membership…
- Michael Fiocco, Pittsboro Town Commissioner,
- DOT will begin work on the circle Jan. 11th, 2021 and will finish at the end of October 2021.
- North wood Commercial-across from Mosaic will have a Lowes grocery store.
- Chatham Park is building houses, some of the completed ones have been sold. Chatham Park foresees 500 homes built per year.
- The Knights Family Park opened in Chatham Park for use by everyone. It is not just for Chatham Park Residents.
- Sewer to Sanford is planned to be on-line January 2023. Allocation will be have to be managed carefully until then.
- The Pittsboro/Chatham County Welcome Center will be open around Thanksgiving.
- The new Chief of Police for Pittsboro is Shorty Johnson. The city manager hired Shorty as the permanent Chief.
- The new tenant for the old Piggly Wiggly on East Street is True Value Hardware.
- Jamie Hitmar from Fish Window Cleaning https://www.fishwindowcleaning.com/Cary-Durham-NC-3024/.
- Maria Parker-Lewis said The Sycamore at Chatham Mills is the new steakhouse restaurant at Chatham Mill, opening will be soon, follow them on FB to be one of the first to write a review. Forrest Hall is starting to book up for 2021. There will be an outside venue as well that can be booked for events. While you’re waiting for the opening, get your bib on and order from 39 West Catering!
- Mary DeMare from New Horizons said BOTH stores are now on-line! They launched this past Monday-so Christmas shopping from home AND local just got easier!
- Pam Fulk from Carolina Tiger Rescue is doing virtual and private tours. All visitors on the tour are socially distanced. Giving Tuesday is coming up so you can designate Carolina Tiger Rescue!!
- Chris Elkins joined us for the first time from Chatham Magazine. The Dec/Jan issue will be Chatham Works and spotlight small businesses and the people who work there and made them successful. Holidays will be in that issue also. So get your events in as well as your plans!
- Melissa Crane was also there from Chatham Magazine. She said the 2021 February/March issue will celebrate the Chatham County 250th Anniversary. They are also starting to help businesses create social media campaigns and you can post your events for free on ChathamMagazineNC.com.
- Stephanie from Duke Center for Living said they reopened in mid-September with 25 people max in the facility at any one time. Enrollment is 1/2 off thru December 15th!!
- Stephanie Olnes from Gathered Home had her Christmas Open House this past Saturday, so go there to get the best selection of Christmas gifts NOW! She’s having a sidewalk sale during Small Business Saturday!
- Karen Tiede is the PBA website designer and manager. If you tell her about your events and changes on your social media, she’ll link to them. Thank you Karen!
- Scott Dunham from Tar Heel Getaways says business is slow but trips in the US are happening so give him a call. With the vaccine coming, he expects business to pick up. Some trips have testing protocols. Contact him for more info.
- Heather Johnson from Chatham Business Services said the roof is fixed! So come on in for copies, in-person or virtual notary, or other questions. 919.444.9500. Enjoy the new look on the inside and the new Christmas gift ideas Heather has inside.
- Chatham County Historical Association is open for tours. Cindy Schmidt is also looking for Board members. You need to be interested in preserving and sharing the history of Chatham County. Contact her here if you’re interested. If you want to share Chatham history for Christmas, come in the the Museum and get a book, map, or ornament!
- Dawn Parker the advertising specialist from the News + Record joined us as a guest. The newspaper will have a special Christmas insertion. The section will feature your advertisement AND tips from Good Housekeeping which will be keepers!
- Second Bloom has secured a new location, in the Food Lion shopping center. Stay tuned for news of the opening-probably in January 2021.